We are very excited to introduce Tiketmobile to you. Tiketmobile lets travellers find and buy bus tickets conveniently from their mobile devices.
Tiketmobile was first conceived and built at Start-up Weekend Lagos in September 2011. Between then and now, we have iterated a number of times on our platform, strategy and offering. Currently, to buy tickets on Tiketmobile, a user would have to access it from our mobile website, www.tiketmobile.com. If the user is visiting from a mobile phone, they are automatically redirected there.
Tiketmobile has one bus company listed and is currently in talks with up to five other companies. We hope to sign-up all providers of interstate bus transport. We would put out announcements on our blog as we move forward on this quest.
To enable payment, we worked closely with Interswitch to integrate their “Pay with QuickTeller” platform with Tiketmobile. This allows users to pay for their tickets on Tiketmobile website using their ATM card; and also from any of the hundreds of thousand Interswitch ATM machines nationwide. Payment on our website is handled by Interswitch, we don’t take card information directly, and so users’ card details are in safe hands.
We believe that is the future of payment in Africa, so we have reached an agreement with a major mobile money provider to tightly integrate mobile money platform. We are currently working on the integration, which would work alongside our “Pay with QuickTeller” option, and we would make announcements as we progress.
The team is composed of highly talented people, people with experience in working with technology, they are:
- Celestine Ezeokoye; BSc. Computer Science, UNILAG (Co-founder and CEO):Responsible for platform/application engineering and company strategy and direction. He programs in more than 5 programming languages and is a server-side development expert. He represented Nigeria two times at the Microsoft Imagine Cup while he was studying for his degree.
- Constance Okoghenun; Diploma in Software Engineering, NIIT (Co-founder and Product Manager): Responsible for Tiketmobile as a product; the features and development efforts. He develops the front-end and manages the mail and DNS servers. He had interned at his dad’s transport company, so he is well grounded in the operations of bus companies in Lagos.
- Felix Ike; BSc. Computer Science, UNILAG (in view) (Developer): Felix is responsible for the mobile efforts and mobile app development.
- Joseph Benson-Aruna (Graphics and UI/UX): Joseph makes Tiketmobile look awesome. He is an expert in UI/UX design and always aims to outdo his previous best.
We currently enjoy business support and incubation from Co-Creation Hub.
Tiketmobile is very grateful to people who have stood by us and given us support during the period leading to this release: Co-Creation Hub, Tony Elumelu Foundation, Nokia, Microsoft and a lot of other individuals and corporate bodies too many to mention.
Tiketmobile is committed to building the best mobile ticketing experience and we are hard at work to make sure we support more services.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!