- Finance Partnering Pure/Embedded: Performing finance partnering activities at a management level to support strategy and decision making with critical business insights, supporting Commercial & other Business Units & their teams.
- Provides financial information and insight for forecasting, planning and controlling costs to the business. Focus is on financial accounting/analysis to support achievement of internal business goals. May be responsible for budgetary control system and business performance analysis.
- Monitors Pharma trading results on a monthly basis in comparison with budgeted profits. Circulates the monthly analysis to aid decision making by Commercial Teams.
- Helps management put together realistic 3-year financial plans which guide the business achieve its goals.
- Ensures the integrity of financial data provided to users including corporate finance with an aim of safeguarding business assets and assisting management make informed decisions.
- Monitors that departmental overheads are kept within budgets with an aim of ensuring that the business achieves its targeted profits.
- Monitors gross profits of key products and investigate key variances from plan and suggest remedial actions with an aim of ensuring that the business delivers the budgeted profits.
- Analysis of promotional activities e.g. products bonusing to ensure that these activities don’t result in losses.
- Performs Price/Volume analysis to ensure that price increases or decreases don’t have a negative impact to sales.
- Updates the sales force and the departmental heads on a monthly basis on their performance in terms of sales and expenses to ensure that they are on budget and make remedial actions in time in case they are off the budget.
- Prepare presentation to the top management on the year-to-date trading results with a commentary on key variances on a monthly basis with an aim of ensuring that the top management is always well informed of the business trend in order to make any remedial actions in time.
- Support Commercial Team in preparing month on month forecasts in ModCF, this also feeds into the RFC submission.
- Implement roll out plans set out by Global Finance for new systems or change in systems.
- Ensure timely, and accurate submission of monthly period end data into Bison for Nigeria Market.
- Prepare other ad-hoc analysis that may be required from time to time.
BSc/ HND in Finance/Accounting
Advance Financial and/or Management qualification
Strong Financial analysis skills
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work independently and also within a team
Strong ability and experience to use Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint in day-to-day activities
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!