The All Progressives Congress APC held its State Executive Caretaker Committee meeting in Port Harcourt today December 21, 2020.
The extraordinary Executive meeting was presided by Rt. Hon. Igo Aguma, the State Acting/Caretaker Committee Chairman of the Party.
The meeting was well attended by Statutory/Executive members of the Party both physically and virtually and major issues were deliberated upon with the following decisions:
1. The State Executive Caretaker Committee ratified the recommendation of the State Disciplinary Committee of the Party which looked into the decision of the Ward and LGA chapters to suspend His Excellency Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi of Ward 8, Ikwerre Local Government Area of Rivers State for Anti-Party activities.
2. The State Executive Committee also accepted and ratified the decision of the State Disciplinary Committee to uphold the indefinite suspension of Barr Isaac Ogbobula by the Ward 10 and LGA Executive of Ahoada-East Local Government Area of Rivers State. Barr Isaac Ogbobula is hereby suspended indefinitely from APC Rivers.
3. The State Chairman briefed the Executive Committee meeting that he received communication from the APC Executive of Gokana LGA to the effect that both Ward 16, Bera and the Gokana LGA chapters of the Party have expelled Chief Victor Giadom from the APC as well as a report from Emohua LGA chapter that both Ward 4 and Emohua Local Government Chapter of the party in Rivers State have suspended Senator Chief Andrew Uchendu from the APC. The Executive Committee referred both reports from Emohua and Gokana Local Government Areas on Chief Victor Giadom and Senator Andrew Uchendu to the State Disciplinary Committee for further action in line with Article 21 of APC Constitution.
(4) The State Executive Committee mandated the Caretaker Chairman, Rt Hon Igo Aguma to write a letter to the Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission (RISIEC) communicating the readiness of the All Progressives Congress Rivers State to fully participate in the April 17th 2021 Local Government Election in the state.
5. The State Caretaker Committee also expressed commitment to work assiduously to bring the party to reckoning in Rivers state. We therefore urge our teeming members and supporters to stay focused as we collectively usher in the new dawn of APC in Rivers state.